Liberty Hill Neighborhood Association invites you, your family and
neighbors to our annual Holiday Party at the fabulous Victorian home of
one of our Liberty Hill Historic District founders, John Barbey. Members
and non members alike are welcome to our celebration of the holidays and
our wonderful neighborhood
Where: 50 Liberty Street (between Valencia & Guerrero)
When: Friday, Dec 6, 2013, 6-9 pm
What: LHNA Holiday Celebration. Wine, eggnog, juices and a variety of
local food will be served.
Come by and meet your neighbors, find out what’s happening in our local
community, and learn how you can get involved.
The Liberty Hill Neighborhood Association encompasses the homes and
businesses in the Historic Liberty Hill District from Dolores to
Mission, 20th to 22nd Streets. We invite everyone in the neighborhood to
come celebrate the joy of the holiday season with us.
If you have the email of a friend or neighbor who should be invited,
please forward this message to them and cc me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
Many Warm Holiday Wishes, Shari Steiner
P.S. While the LHNA Holiday Party is free, we’ll have a table where you
can renew your membership or join LHNA. Our 2014 dues are $20 a
household or business, and every dollar supports neighborhood causes.
Sunday, October 13, 11:00am
Let’s have some fun together! Invite your neighbors, friends and family, and come out with us to one of our neighborhood’s gems. Tickets available online or at the door (details below). Courtesy RSVP appreciated: email@example.com.
Precita Eyes Mural Arts and Visitors Center will lead us in a guided mural walk, conducted by a muralist!
Meet our guide at Precita Eyes Mural Arts and Visitors Center, 2981 24th Street, near Harrison. This special tour includes Balmy Alley, Garfield Park Swimming Pool, and the beautiful murals in Precita Park. This mural walk takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
General Admission: $15 ($12 for San Francisco residents)
Seniors age 65+ and College Students w/ID: $10
Youth age 12-17 years: $6
Children under 12: $3
All tickets, including discounts for seniors, students, children and youth are available at the door on the day of the tour.
Please join us for our “Fall Welcome Back” meeting on Tuesday, September 10 at 6pm, at 873 Guerrero.
Lots of things to discuss, including:
- What’s happening with the 1050 Valencia at Hill site?
- How Justin McBaine, a neighbor/developer is working to make his 20th Street rehab work with our historical guidelines
- How we can help shape the Bartlett Farmers Market
- Why neighbors are concerned about a permit hearing on a Bocce Court running late at night on 24th
- What the proposed Warriors stadium will mean to us
- And more! Let Shari Steiner know if you have other projects that need our input!
Please come and take this opportunity to share and help build our neighborhood.
The next general meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 4 at 6pm at 50 Liberty Street in John’s newly planted garden. Topics for discussion will include:
- Mandatory earthquake retrofit legislation
- Catholic Charities St. Joseph’s Family Center
- The 1050 Valencia project
- Exchange of garden ideas, tips, plantings and cuttings.
Hope to see you there!
Come join us for the San Francisco premier of ACID TEST: The Many Incarnations of Ram Dass at the Marsh Theatre (1062 Valencia Street between Hill and 22nd) on Friday, April 12, 7:30-10:30pm, including a Meet-and-Greet after the show. Read more about ACID TEST here.
Buy your tickets EARLY! Click here for the Marsh Box Office. Choose and “open seating” price on the Marsh’s sliding scale to fit your budget. The show starts at 8pm, but you can start arriving at 7:30 to pick up your tickets and take a seat with your neighbors.
There will be a free Meet-and-Greet gathering after the show with cheeses, desserts and beverages. Please RSVP to Sue .
We hope to see you there!
The next LHNA meeting will be held Tues, Feb 5th at 6 pm at 20 Hill Street.
We will discussing new projects, the status of the 1050 Valencia (Spork) project, and electing officers.
Although several of the existing officers have stated they might serve another term, this is an open election. Officers are not nominated in advance and anyone wanting to serve in any position is encouraged to step forward.
Please come and take this opportunity to help build our neighborhood and share your thoughts on projects that we can mount this year.
Tuesday, December 4th at 6pm.
The Liberty Hill Neighborhood Association invites you, your family and neighbors to our annual celebration of the holidays at the fabulous Victorian home of one of our Liberty Hill Historic District founders, John Barbey. We look forward to seeing you there!
PS. While the LHNA Holiday Party is free, please consider joining or renewing your membership, and contributing to our local non-profit outreach efforts. Click to download a membership form.
Hi, friends & neighbors – Our next meeting will be at 6 pm on Tuesday, November 13th at Paula Bargeman and John Levin’s home at 25 Hill Street.
To be discussed – (NOTE: If you have items to add, please let me know at the above email (Shari Steiner) or 415-643-8600. Thanks!
- Coalition of San Francisco Neighborhoods – a report from our representative, Nick Pasqariello, on the various things the Coalition is doing to make the City government more responsive to neighborhoods.
- Large, no garage condo project at 1050 Valencia, corner Hill. Risa Teitlebaum will update on ongoing efforts.
- LHNA Sidewalk Greening – Alice LaRocca is working on sidewalk gardens.
- Calling all Victorian lovers and historians. Liberty Hill Neighbors’ awesome historian and co-founder, John Barbey, may be moving away, and we need people to help keep Liberty Hill prominent in historic preservation organizations and preserving and building on his historic records and photographs. I won’t be heading up this effort, but for now please let me know what you can do to help – Shari Steiner
- Now’s the time to start thinking about 2013 Programs, Events, & Meeting Locations – Shari Steiner will be looking for old and new locations and ideas and talk about programs already in the works – including the February Annual meeting with election of 2013 officers, a “Find Out About our Liberty Hill & Mission Murals Walk,” to be conducted by the local mural organization, Prescita Eyes, and a repeat of our fabulously successful Marsh Theater Night.
Hope to see you on Tuesday, Nov 13th, 6pm at 25 Hill Street.
Shari Steiner 2012 LHNA President
P.S. It’s 2013 dues time! While Liberty Hill meetings are free for all our neighbors, we do hope you’ll support the organization and to use your dues for our Liberty Hill neighborhood. You can either fill in the attached form and mail your $20 dues check to our PO box, sign up online via PayPal on our website (click the Join button at the right) or bring a check to the Nov. 13th meeting, where you can fill in the form and sign up there.
The neighborhood association is petitioning the Planning Commission to stop the proposed development at 1050 Valencia St. (the former Spork Building). If you’d like to learn more about this cause and potentially sign the petition, please go to http://www.change.org/petitions/liberty-hill-residents-stop-the-proposed-development-at-1050-valencia-street-the-spork-building