Come join us for the San Francisco premier of ACID TEST: The Many Incarnations of Ram Dass at the Marsh Theatre (1062 Valencia Street between Hill and 22nd) on Friday, April 12, 7:30-10:30pm, including a Meet-and-Greet after the show. Read more about ACID TEST here.
Buy your tickets EARLY! Click here for the Marsh Box Office. Choose and “open seating” price on the Marsh’s sliding scale to fit your budget. The show starts at 8pm, but you can start arriving at 7:30 to pick up your tickets and take a seat with your neighbors.
There will be a free Meet-and-Greet gathering after the show with cheeses, desserts and beverages. Please RSVP to Sue .
We hope to see you there!
The next LHNA meeting will be held Tues, Feb 5th at 6 pm at 20 Hill Street.
We will discussing new projects, the status of the 1050 Valencia (Spork) project, and electing officers.
Although several of the existing officers have stated they might serve another term, this is an open election. Officers are not nominated in advance and anyone wanting to serve in any position is encouraged to step forward.
Please come and take this opportunity to help build our neighborhood and share your thoughts on projects that we can mount this year.
Tuesday, December 4th at 6pm.
The Liberty Hill Neighborhood Association invites you, your family and neighbors to our annual celebration of the holidays at the fabulous Victorian home of one of our Liberty Hill Historic District founders, John Barbey. We look forward to seeing you there!
PS. While the LHNA Holiday Party is free, please consider joining or renewing your membership, and contributing to our local non-profit outreach efforts. Click to download a membership form.
Hi, friends & neighbors – Our next meeting will be at 6 pm on Tuesday, November 13th at Paula Bargeman and John Levin’s home at 25 Hill Street.
To be discussed – (NOTE: If you have items to add, please let me know at the above email (Shari Steiner) or 415-643-8600. Thanks!
- Coalition of San Francisco Neighborhoods – a report from our representative, Nick Pasqariello, on the various things the Coalition is doing to make the City government more responsive to neighborhoods.
- Large, no garage condo project at 1050 Valencia, corner Hill. Risa Teitlebaum will update on ongoing efforts.
- LHNA Sidewalk Greening – Alice LaRocca is working on sidewalk gardens.
- Calling all Victorian lovers and historians. Liberty Hill Neighbors’ awesome historian and co-founder, John Barbey, may be moving away, and we need people to help keep Liberty Hill prominent in historic preservation organizations and preserving and building on his historic records and photographs. I won’t be heading up this effort, but for now please let me know what you can do to help – Shari Steiner
- Now’s the time to start thinking about 2013 Programs, Events, & Meeting Locations – Shari Steiner will be looking for old and new locations and ideas and talk about programs already in the works – including the February Annual meeting with election of 2013 officers, a “Find Out About our Liberty Hill & Mission Murals Walk,” to be conducted by the local mural organization, Prescita Eyes, and a repeat of our fabulously successful Marsh Theater Night.
Hope to see you on Tuesday, Nov 13th, 6pm at 25 Hill Street.
Shari Steiner 2012 LHNA President
P.S. It’s 2013 dues time! While Liberty Hill meetings are free for all our neighbors, we do hope you’ll support the organization and to use your dues for our Liberty Hill neighborhood. You can either fill in the attached form and mail your $20 dues check to our PO box, sign up online via PayPal on our website (click the Join button at the right) or bring a check to the Nov. 13th meeting, where you can fill in the form and sign up there.
The neighborhood association is petitioning the Planning Commission to stop the proposed development at 1050 Valencia St. (the former Spork Building). If you’d like to learn more about this cause and potentially sign the petition, please go to http://www.change.org/petitions/liberty-hill-residents-stop-the-proposed-development-at-1050-valencia-street-the-spork-building
Sunday Streets is happening again this Sunday, May 6 from 11am to 4pm. Hope to see you out there…
For more information, and to see the route, you can visit sundaystreetssf.com.
Saturday, March 31, 2-4pm
Join Mayor Ed Lee, Supervisor Scott Wiener, San Francisco Recreation and Park Department General Manager Phil Ginsburg, Mrs. Helen Diller, San Francisco Parks Alliance, and Friends of Dolores Park Playground for the ribbon cutting and grand opening ceremony of Helen Diller Playground at Mission Dolores Park. Refreshments. Music by Orange Sherbet. Come and celebrate!
Congratulations to the new LHNA Board:
President– Shari Steiner
Vice President– Peter Heinecke
Secretary– Jake Barlow
We have openings for Treasurer and Board Member at Large. This is a great opportunity to get involved with the group and the neighborhood. If you can help out, please let Shari know.
It’s time to elect the new LHNA Board for 2012! Please plan to attend the meeting on Tuesday, Feb 7, 6pm at 10 Hill Street.
We will elect officers to hold five positions:
- Vice President
- Board Member at Large
This is a great way to get involved with what’s happening in our rapidly evolving neighborhood. See you all on Tuesday!